Loan Payment Assistance
We’re here to help make payments easier for you
Payment assistance for real estate loans, installment loans, or credit cards
We all go through hard times. Whatever your situation, we at BBVA understand. We want to work with you to find solutions to your real estate loan, installment loan, and credit card payment assistance needs.
Below, you will find payment assistance plans and special programs tailored to various loan types. As always, please contact us directly at 1-800-239-1940 if you would like to discuss your options with a banker (for real estate payment assistance, call 1-877-841-8144).
Payment Assistance Programs
Real Estate Loan Assistance
If you need help making payments on your real estate loan, the following loan assistance options may be available to you:
- An agreed upon, Short Term, Fixed Monthly Payment until your account is brought current over a designated period of time (up to 6 months).
- An Extension of your payment term in order to bring your account current
- A Temporary Workout for 12 months or less with a possible reduction in the interest rate, and regular payment schedule
- A Permanent Workout for 12 months or more with a possible extension in term and/or reduction in the interest rate, resulting in a regular payment schedule
Installment Loan Assistance
Need help with a personal loan, or other installment loan? The following options for payment assistance may be available to you:
- An agreed upon Repayment Plan to resume regular monthly payments, in addition to paying a portion of the past due payments over a designated time frame
Credit Card Assistance
If you’re experiencing difficulty making your credit card payments, the following options may be available to you:
- An agreed upon Fixed Monthly Payment until your balance is repaid
- A Temporary Plan for 12 months or less with a possible reduction in the interest rate, and a regular payment schedule
- A Permanent Plan from 12 - 60 months or more with a possible reduction in the interest rate, and a regular payment
- A Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS) Plan designed to reduce your monthly payment; it may include an interest rate reduction
The definitions of payment options provided above are for your convenience only. This is not an offer to enter any of the mentioned programs. The programs/options mentioned above are not available to everyone. Each borrower must be assessed on a case by case basis. Please note that participation in a debt repayment program may have an effect on your credit rating.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
Are you a Servicemember? If so, you could be eligible for certain legal protections and financial benefits that may help.
Details you need to make a smart decision
If you would like to assert there has been an error made with the servicing of your consumer mortgage loan, or if you would like to request information about the servicing of your consumer mortgage loan, and if you would like your assertion or request to be treated in accordance with the procedures provided in 12 C.F.R. Parts 1024.35 and 1024.36, then you must send written notice to us at BBVA USA, PO Box 10184, Birmingham, Alabama 35202. Otherwise, we will treat your assertion or request per our standard policies and procedures.
You have certain rights under Federal law related to resolving errors and requesting information about your mortgage account, and you may learn more about your rights by contacting BBVA USA, or by visiting http://www.consumerfinance.gov/mortgage/
All loans subject to approval, including credit approval.