- "Site" means any website or mobile application we establish to allow you to inquire about or apply for banking services and accounts with BBVA, including all web pages associated therewith.
- "We," "us," "our" and "BBVA" mean BBVA USA, Member FDIC, a member of the BBVA Group, or any other affiliate of BBVA USA Bancshares, Inc.
- "You" and "your" mean anyone who accesses or uses this Site.
Your Eligibility to Use This Site
Wireless Operator Data
By providing BBVA or its affiliates or agents with your phone number (including mobile), email address or other contact information, you give BBVA, its affiliates, and its agents, your permission to contact you through those means about your inquires, applications, or accounts with BBVA, including accounts you may open in the future. Your consent allows BBVA, its affiliates, and its agents, to use text messaging, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, and calls made by an automatic telephone dialing system to contact you . This express consent applies to each telephone number that you provide to BBVA now or in the future. Message and data rates may apply. You consent and authorize BBVA to monitor, and to record, telephone conversations and other electronic communications you have with BBVA and its representatives for reasonable business purposes, including security and quality assurance.
If you use the Site, you agree to protect and maintain the security of your devices used for accessing the Site and for the confidentiality of your account information, including any access credentials used to access the Site. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your access credentials or account, you agree to immediately contact us. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your devices used for accessing the Site and for the confidentiality of your account information. You are solely responsible for any and all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failing to keep this information secure.
You agree that you will not use any loan proceeds obtained from BBVA for education related expenses or to refinance your student loans. Examples of education-related expenses may include tuition and fees, books, supplies, miscellaneous personal expenses, room and board.
If you intend to refinance an existing loan with a loan obtained from BBVA, you may lose certain benefits or rights on your existing loans. The relative benefits you receive from debt consolidation will vary depending on your individual circumstances, including the interest rate and remaining term on your existing debts. Consolidating multiple debts may not reduce your interest costs or pay your debt off sooner. For example, if your loan has a longer term than the debts you are consolidating, you may not realize savings over the entire term of your new loan.
Loan Requests and Origination
Before presenting you with loan options, you acknowledge that we will initially conduct a soft credit pull to check the rates and terms for which you may qualify. You further acknowledge and agree that a hard credit pull, which may affect your credit score, will be required if you apply for a loan option through the Site.
- You acknowledge and agree that the terms of any loan options presented to you may change from day-to-day, or even from hour -to-hour. If you leave the Site or pause the application process, any rate and term information presented is subject to change.
- You may be presented with the opportunity to apply for a loan through the Site. When you apply for a loan, you represent and warrant to BBVA USA that all the information you provide is true and accurate and that you have not provided any false, misleading, or deceptive statements or omissions of fact in your application. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we have the right to reject any application you have submitted and restrict your future use of the Site.
- To receive a loan, you must submit a complete application, which must be approved by BBVA. After approval, you will be presented with your final loan terms and related Truth-in-Lending disclosures, which you must accept, by agreeing to your promissory note within the time period provided. We may withdraw our approval of your application at any time prior to origination (i) in the event of any inaccuracy or omission in your loan application, (ii) if you committed fraud or made a misrepresentation in connection with your application, or (iii) any other disqualifying event occurs. We have the right to reject any application for a loan. If your loan application is declined or withdrawn, BBVA will retain a record of your loan application for a period of at least 25 months as required by federal law.
- You agree that you will not request a loan through the site if you have originated or been declined for any unsecured term loan from BBVA within the prior six months or if you currently have two or more active unsecured term loans with BBVA.
You represent and warrant that you are the owner of the deposit account(s) you designate for electronic transfers of funds and have the authority to direct that loan payments be made to BBVA from such account. Your designated account(s) will be the account(s) into which loan proceeds will be deposited and from which monthly loan payments may be made.
If you submit an application, you agree to cooperate in the application process by submitting any required documentation in a timely manner and, if applicable, by obtaining information BBVA may need from third-parties, such as your employer. You agree to notify us of any changes in any information submitted in connection with your application.
Use of Marks, Materials and Suggestions
The names, logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the property of BBVA, our affiliates and service providers. You are not authorized to use our names or marks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without our prior written consent. You are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the material or the products, services, processes or technology described therein. We, our affiliates and/or any third party owner of such rights retain all such rights. Any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like, which you send to us will be treated as being nonconfidential and nonproprietary. We will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services incorporating such information.
THE SITE AND SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES AS TO TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE, AND THE OPERATION OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT ALL ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE AND ITS CONTENTS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF.
Revisions and Modifications
Patriot Act Notice
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verity and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or applies for a loan, including your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to verify your identity. We may also ask you to provide identifying documents.
State Law Notices
California Residents: A married applicant may apply for a separate account.
Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.