BBVA Business Rewards Program
Terms and Conditions
Call us at 1-844-BBVA USA for more information
The Business Rewards Program for Business Credit Cards is a promotional rewards program (“Program”) offered by BBVA USA (“BBVA”, the “Bank”, “we”, “us” or “our”). In this Program, “you” or “your” means everyone that may be an account holder (joint or otherwise) on one of the following products: Visa Business Rewards Credit Card, Visa Business Secured Credit Card (“Card”). This is a separate and independent agreement from the agreement for your Card account; however, it is subject to the governing law provisions and dispute resolution provisions of the agreement for your Card account, which provisions are incorporated herein by reference and also apply to any vendor or service provider we choose to assist in the operation of the Program. We reserve the right to disqualify any business or individual who violates these terms and conditions or violates any Program rules, terms, or conditions posted on www.bbvausa.com or otherwise disclosed to you by BBVA (collectively “Terms and Conditions”). By using your Card, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Program. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
- Enrollment: Eligible Cards are automatically enrolled in the Program at Card account opening to begin earning points.
- Earning Points: You earn points based on the value of the Qualifying Purchases that post to your account, less any returns, credits, unauthorized charges, fraudulent charges, or other adjustments that are not payments. Points are not your property and have no cash or monetary value.
Except as provided below or pursuant to the terms of any specific offer, a “Qualifying Purchase” is any purchase made with your Card that is processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. payment system. Unless otherwise provided in additional terms for special promotions, the following are not Qualifying Purchases for purposes of the Program:
- Payments of existing loan or credit card balances
- Balance transfers
- Cash advances
- ATM transactions
- Illegal transactions
- Checks that access your credit card account (e.g., convenience checks)
- Fees or interest charged by us (for example, annual fees, finance charges, and related service charges, if any apply)
- Purchases of gift cards, prepaid cards or reloadable cards
- Purchases of quasi-cash items (for example, casino chips), cash equivalents, or payment instruments that can readily be converted to cash (for example, travelers cheques, money orders, wire transfers, and similar products or services)
- Adjustments made to your account
- Card transactions in which you use a PIN number rather than sign a receipt
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether a particular transaction is a Qualifying Purchase. Transactions that are not Qualifying Purchases do not earn any points. Unless otherwise stated in a promotional offer, a Qualifying Purchase is deemed to occur on the date of the transaction.
Your Reward points balance will increase or decrease due to Qualifying Purchase credits, returns, or other adjustments to your Card account. Qualifying Purchase credits, returns, or adjustments are deemed to occur on the date of the credit, return, or adjustment. Your Reward points balance will not be updated until after the Qualifying Purchase credit, return, or adjustment posts to your Card account. In the event we award points to your Reward account in error, we reserve the right to reverse those points. Some updates may reduce your points balance, and in some cases could result in a negative point balance.
- Base Points: Base Points accrue at a rate of one and one half (1.5) points for each $1.00 (U.S.) of net Qualifying Purchases made with your eligible Card. There is no limit on the number of total Base Points you may earn in the Program, although limits may apply to any points you can earn in addition to Base Points.
- Promotional Offers: In addition to Base Points, eligible Cards may earn points as detailed in promotional offers we may present to you (for example, on specified types of transactions and/or spending amounts). We will disclose the terms and limitations, if any, of earning additional points in the promotional offers. Unless we tell you differently in an offer, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will still apply.
- Point Calculation, Limits and Rounding: Points are awarded per qualifying transaction and rounded to the nearest whole number. Base Points and points earned through promotional offers are awarded points and rounded separately. For all products eligible for Business Rewards, there is no maximum number of points you may earn.
- Linking: Each BBVA business credit card is automatically linked with all other BBVA business credit cards under the same corporate Card account for purposes of accumulating and redeeming points.
- Point Expiration: Earned points will begin to expire at the end of the month following thirty-six (36) months from the date the points were earned.
- Eligibility to Redeem Points and Point Forfeiture: As long as your Card account is open and in good standing, and you are not in violation of the Terms and Conditions, you can redeem earned points for credit to your Card account. However, generally, you may not redeem points if your Card account is not open for transactions.
BBVA recommends customers redeem any accrued rewards prior to voluntarily closing the account. If you voluntarily close your Card account, you will have 45 days from the date you close your account to redeem any existing points. After that, all points earned on the closed account will be forfeited. On the day you close your account, you will cease earning points on transactions, including any trailing transactions that post to your Card account on or after the closure date.
If we close your Card account, or if you are disqualified from participating in the Program, your points will be forfeited and you will not be able to redeem them. If we close your account for other reasons, you will have 45 days from the date you close your account to redeem any existing points.
- Redemption: Only Primary Administrators of the Business’s BBVA Online Banking account can view the rewards website and redeem points. Primary Administrators can designate authorized redeemers who can call the rewards center to redeem rewards on your behalf. Points may only be redeemed for a gift card or a credit to an eligible Card account that is currently open or that you voluntarily closed within the previous 45 days. If you redeem for an account credit, please allow up to 7 business days for the credit to post to your Card account. Points can be redeemed for $0.01 (a penny) per point. You must have a minimum of 2500 points to redeem for an account credit or gift card. Redemption values may change at any time.
If you redeem points for a gift card, once the gift card is issued, it is nonrefundable. You cannot cancel a redemption for a gift card. Gift cards are valid at participating merchants only and are subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions, which, if permitted by law, address expiration policies and non-usage fees and can be changed at the sole discretion of the issuer. The merchants whose gift cards are offered in the Program are not affiliated with, nor are they sponsors of the Program. Gift card offerings may change at any time without notice. You assume all risk and responsibility for lost, stolen, or otherwise destroyed gift cards. We are not responsible for a merchant’s failure to honor a gift card.
Points may be redeemed at any time through the rewards website, which can be accessed via Online Banking at www.bbvausa.com. You may also redeem points by calling the rewards redemption center at 844-285- 8383. We may also allow you to redeem points through other channels or methods pursuant to separate terms and conditions.
Earned points are redeemed based on their expiration date. When you redeem points, the points that will expire soonest will be redeemed first. You are responsible for paying your minimum payment due each month. You cannot use redeemed rewards points (account credits) to satisfy your minimum payment due.
- Communications: You agree that BBVA may email you periodically about promotional offers, point balances, and general program updates. Providing periodic communications related to rewards points is done at the sole discretion of BBVA.
We may provide any and all future communications related to the Program and/or the Terms and Conditions (including any changes to them) through the rewards website, which can be accessed by logging into Online Banking at www.bbvausa.com.
- Customer Service: If you have a problem or question regarding whether you earned points from a particular transaction, whether your points were properly redeemed, or the status of your redemption order, or if you have any other question regarding the Program, you can visit the rewards website by logging in through Online Banking at bbvausa.com or by calling the rewards redemption center at 844-285-8383.
If you believe we have made an error or mistake with respect to your Program account, you must notify us within 60 days of the posting date or the date of the alleged error or mistake. We may require you to provide written confirmation of the alleged error or mistake. If we do not receive the requested written confirmation at the address and within the time frame requested by us, we may, in our sole discretion, determine not to correct the alleged error or mistake. All questions or disputes regarding the Program, including eligibility, earning points, or redemption of points, will be resolved by us in our sole discretion.
- Canceling Program Participation: You may cancel your participation in the Program at any time by closing your Card account. If you close your Card account, all points earned on the closed account will be forfeited. We recommend that you redeem any accrued rewards, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, prior to closing your Card account.
- Disclaimers/Limitations: In the event of any abusive, gaming or fraudulent activity related to your participation in the Program or to your Card account, as determined by us in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to make corresponding adjustments to or invalidate points you accrued in the Program, to disqualify you from participating in the Program through use of the Card account, and/or to close your Card account at any time. Abusive or gaming activity includes, but is not limited to, obtaining or using an account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical business activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/opening, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
Any and all taxes on points in connection with the Program are your responsibility. Please consult with a tax advisor concerning any income or other tax consequences that may be related to points.
The actual period of time it will take to receive points for any single eligible transaction may vary, and we, our agents, and our vendors and service providers shall not be liable for any fees or interest incurred by you or any other loss you may sustain as a result of your reliance on point redemptions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our vendors and service providers hereby specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Program, points, and any products or services, including any WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. BBVA is not responsible for the performance of any merchant, service provider, or common carrier.
We may exercise our rights under the Terms and Conditions at any time; a delay by us in exercising any right under the Terms and Conditions does not mean that we have waived that right.
This Program is void where prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
- Termination or Changes to the Program: We reserve the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, benefits, or points levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect your ability to use accumulated points. Accumulated points do not entitle you to any vested rights with respect to points, credits, rewards, or benefits. Notifications to changes in the Program may be limited to the rewards website. Please be sure to check the rewards website frequently for potential updates and changes.
BBVA and BBVA Compass are trade names of BBVA USA, a member of the BBVA Group. BBVA USA, Member FDIC.
Rev. 02/2020 / #858735