New Online Banking: The next bright idea for your business
Your business online banking experience is about to get better. A lot better. You will now be able to do more in fewer clicks because we've completely revamped our system to provide you and your business more functionality, simplicity and control. Best of all, you'll be upgraded to the new platform automatically.
More ease. More control. More of what you want. You need to move money? We have you covered. Now, send money in fewer, easier steps. We have streamlined the payment and transfer processes. Schedule one-time or recurring payments and transfers. Business payments and transfer options also include paying vendors, employees or individuals and sending domestic wires. Learn more about our payment and transfer options.
Blended Personal and Business Accounts View
Switch between your personal and business accounts easily without logging out. The tabbed view allows you to see your personal and business accounts together for quick financial snapshot, or see only your BBVA and linked external personal accounts in the personal accounts tab and your BBVA and linked external business accounts in the business accounts tab.
Improved Payment and Transfer Options
You need to move money? We have you covered. Now, send money in fewer, easier steps. We have streamlined the payment and transfer processes. Schedule one-time or recurring personal or business payments and transfers. Business payments and transfer options also include paying employees or individuals and sending domestic wires. Learn more about our payment and transfer options.
Added control. You may entitle secondary administrators and users to your account. Access is customizable for each user added to your account. You will assign each user credentials, and you are able to manage their access 24/7. This feature can help protect you and your employees.
Keep you organized, informed and efficient. Entitled users can send approval reminders and you can approve transactions scheduled by users from the approvals module in the Account Summary.
Stay informed without having to sign in. Choose from 17 account alerts that notify you when a change occurs to your account. You can receive alerts via email or text.
New Payment Functionalities
See scheduled payments and transfers in the scheduled transactions module conveniently located in the Account Summary. Payment processes have also been streamlined; reducing the time it takes to make a payment.
Seeing is believing. Check out these demo videos for an in-depth look at how the new enhancements will benefit you.
See how our new business site can streamline all the banking you do online.
Manage Your Account Preferences
Make updates to your account quickly and easily without calling or stopping by a branch.
Business Domestic Wires
Wiring funds shouldn't be a hassle or complicated - and now it's not.
Now you can easily manage the access employees have to your account.
Pay Employees and Individuals
Making payments has never been simpler. Watch the video to see how it's done.
Personal Payments & Transfers
Now the transactions that you do on a regular basis will be easier and take less time.
Features and Benefits
New mobile features when upgraded:
For business owners, time is money. These key features that can help you make the most of your time:
- Approve transactions scheduled by entitled users
- Make transfers between BBVA business accounts
- Schedule wires
- Mobile deposit enhancements
- Customizable account alerts
- Disable your Mobile Banking quick access features if your device is lost or stolen
- Sign-in quicker than ever before with Touch ID® or fingerprint authentication
- See your balances in a swipe without signing in with QuickView
- Upgraded the camera technology for Mobile Deposit so it’s faster and easier to use
- Setup and Change your debit card PIN
- Send us a secure message
- Cancel scheduled BBVA to BBVA payments or transfers
Touch ID® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make note of your account nickname, as this will be your user ID that will be required to sign-in going forward. You may identify your nickname in the Service Center, just click "Change Nickname", and your nickname will be displayed. Please do not make changes to your nickname/user ID until after you have successfully signed in to the new Business Online Banking, as a change could cause issues with your upgrade.
- Make note of your scheduled and recurring transfers that will take place on or around your upgrade date, just to be safe! All transactions should process properly, but in the event they do not, we need you to call us with the details.
We ask that you take action on 3 items and note one change once upgraded to ensure that you will not experience any surprises that would negatively impact your transition.
- Reconfigure Your Alerts - If you had previously set up alerts, you will need to reconfigure those. Learn more about alerts.
- Verify Scheduled Payments & Transfers - If you have scheduled recurring payments or transfers, you will need to review them to ensure that they are still scheduled. With the upgrade, we eliminated some of the less popular frequency options. If your recurring transaction frequency was eliminated, you will need to reschedule your transaction. View a quick demo
- Recalibrate Entitled Users - Go to the Service Center and manage your entitled users. We have added entitlement features like approvals and limits; be sure to check them out and take advantage of the great new features that help you better manage your business. View a quick demo
Note: Payments previously were scheduled by the receipt date. In the new Online Banking payments are scheduled by the send date (the day the funds leave the bank). Any recurring transfers will need to be validated to ensure they arrive on time. This change should be noted when scheduling future payments.
You will be receiving communication regarding your expected upgrade date. Please plan to not have access to Online or Mobile Banking for a few hours while we upgrade you. You will be notified in advance of your upgrade timeframe, and we will email you when your upgrade is complete. Once upgraded, you will go to www.bbvausa.com or launch the app and sign-in using your account nickname as your username.
Your password will not change. Your username will not change if you are using your Online Banking nickname to sign-in. To verify your account nickname visit the Service Center and select "Change Nickname". You will see your nickname displayed here. We ask that you not make changes to your nickname at this time to prevent potential sign-in issues or lock-out. You may change once upgraded.
If things are not as you expect, or anything in your profile is missing please contact our dedicated customer service Online Banking team who are standing by to assist you during your upgrade at 1-800-603-3579, Monday - Friday between the hours of 7am - 10pm and Saturday 10am-4pm. There are also FAQs available in the help icon at the top of your Online Banking.
Two items you need to manage after being upgraded are Entitled Users and Alerts.
- Any Alerts previously active on your accounts will need to be reconfigured in the new Online Banking system. Learn more about all of the new Alerts available to you on the new system here.
- Please be sure to recalibrate your Secondary Administrators and Entitled Users as we have NEW and enhanced functionality such as permissions, approvals and limits available. Click here for a quick demo
Don't be. We know and understand that paying your bills is of utmost importance personally and for your business. Payees will be transferred over to the new Business Online Banking. Bill Pay will look and feel the same as it did before. We did make one small change that will impact paper checks generated using Bill Pay. Once upgraded, when you make a payment using Bill Pay and a paper check is generated and mailed, the primary account name will be the name that appears on the check. This should not impact you, but if it is an issue, please give us a call.
Many of the the features you love about MyCompass have been integrated into the new Business Online Banking. There is no longer a separate tab. If you have any questions about a previous MyCompass feature please give us a call and we will help you locate it at 1-800-603-3579.
If you use either of these financial programs for your business banking, you will receive ample notification and instructions on how to ensure your upgrade is seamless.
You will have several action items to take prior to the day of your upgrade, and a few action items after your upgrade to ensure you were upgraded properly. It is of the utmost importance that you adhere to the suggested upgrade instructions you will receive via email to protect your financial records. If the instructions are not followed properly you risk duplicating your financial history in the financial programs.
If you receive upgrade notifications that do not reference Quicken or Quickbooks, please call us.
Please give us a call if you still have questions or need further assistance at 1-800-603-3579. We are available Monday - Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 10am - 4pm (Central Time).
Alerts are an easy and convenient way for you to stay on top of your account activity. With email and text alerts, you can get personalized account information whenever and wherever you want it. You can manage alerts in Mobile and Online Banking. Together, with Real Time Banking, we'll help you watch your money closely. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Please check with your wireless carrier about such fees.
Learn more about fraud prevention, online security, and privacy at the BBVA Security Center
If you had Alerts before you were upgraded, you will need to reconfigure your Alerts. Your previous Alerts are available, but you have been upgraded to a new and improved Alerts system that offers customizable and real time Alerts, because you are on a new system, you will need to re-enroll in your previous alerts and enroll in any of the new alerts available to you. If you have any questions regarding alerts, please call us or read more about alerts.
In Online Banking:
- Select the Alerts tab in the navigation menu to access the Alerts home page. On the Alerts home page, you can view, add, delete and modify your alerts for each account linked to your Online Banking profile.
- The alerts home page is displayed. Select an account to add, delete or modify your Alert notifications.
- Set the email address(es) and/or mobile phone number(s) at which you wish to receive alert notifications. You may have up to two email addresses and two mobile phone numbers on file to receive alert notifications.
- You can turn "on" and set specifications for each Alert you would like to have active on the account.
- Save the modifications made.
In the Mobile Banking app:
- Select the main menu.
- Select Alerts to access alert notifications. Here you can view, add, delete and modify your account Alerts.
- Choose the account for which you wish to add, delete or modify Alerts.
- Choose the Alert notifications in which you would like to enroll.
- Choose the preferred delivery option of the Alerts set for that account. You may have Alerts delivered to up to two email addresses and two mobile numbers.
- Submit the changes made
Real-Time Banking Alerts
- Account Balance - Notifies you when your account balance goes over or under the amount you've chosen.
- Withdrawal Confirmation - Notifies you when a single withdrawal (Cash or Debit) is equal to or greater than the amount you've chosen.
- Deposit Confirmation - Notifies you when a deposit is equal to or greater than the amount you've chosen.
- CD Redemption - Notifies you when your CD is redeemed.
- Account Summary - Notifies you daily and/or at month-end of your posted and available account balance.
- Check Cleared - Notifies you of each check that clears your account.
- CD Maturity Date - Notifies you that the CD will mature in 10 to 14 days.
Account Management and Monitoring Alerts
- Detect irregular account activity sooner.
- Sensitive Activity - Notifies you that a new check card or checks have been requested or that the account has been closed. This alert will not be sent for a check card or checks requested at account opening.
- Overdraft Protection Notice - Notifies you of all overdraft protection line of credit advances or only advances exceeding the amount you've chosen.
- Failed Online Transfer - Notifies you that a scheduled online transfer was not processed.
- Insufficient Funds - Notifies you when the available balance in your account has become negative. This alert will also notify you that one or more items have presented against insufficient available funds in your account. Receiving this alert does not mean that any particular item has been paid.
Daily Activity Notices
- Daily Withdrawal Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily when the dollar amount or number of withdrawal(s) exceeds the threshold you've chosen.
- Daily Deposit Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily when the dollar amount or number of deposit(s) exceeds the threshold you've chosen.
- CD Daily Deposit Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily if the dollar amount or number of CD deposit(s) exceeds the threshold you've chosen.
- CD Daily Withdrawal Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily if the dollar amount or number of CD withdrawal(s) exceeds the threshold you've chosen.
- IRA Daily Contribution Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily if the dollar amount or number of IRA contribution(s) exceeds the threshold you've chosen.
- IRA Daily Distribution Activity Notice - Notifies you once daily if the dollar amount or number of IRA distribution(s) exceeds the threshold you’ve chosen.
Secondary Administrators and Entitled Users
Secondary Administrators are able to access entitled accounts and services and to entitle other users to access accounts and services. Entitled Users may only access entitled accounts and services.
It enables you to engage more of your team members and provide them with the information and access that they need in order to keep your business moving.
Simply go to the Service Center and click the Manage Users module in the upper right corner. Once you are in the manage users module, you can select a user to make changes to their access and permissions, add users or delete users. Secondary Administrators may manage users; however entitled users without administrator access will not see this module.
Yes. Each user just needs their own unique username when you create it. After they are setup, the user can sign in with the credentials you created and make desired adjustments to these fields in the Service Center. Please note that the email address and mobile number entered will be where the one-time security code that are required when the users is scheduling payments are sent.
Approvals are an easy way to keep a healthy system of checks and balances in place. Approvals are optional. When setting up users you can determine which transactions require approval when scheduled by a user. Also, all users can easily keep track of transactions awaiting approval and send approval reminders right from the Account Summary. You can also send approval reminders and approve transactions from the payments sections as well. Stay organized and informed with approvals.
It's easy! In the right sidebar of the Account Summary as well as payment sections you will find an approval module where you can approve transactions and send approval reminders.
You are in luck! There is a way! In the Account Summary approval module, click on the "Remind Approvers" tab, and send a reminder. It's that easy! The approver will then receive a reminder that there is a transaction awaiting their approval via email or text.
Payment and Transfer Options
Employee Payments is now referred to as Employee/Individual Payments. This service can be used when you would like to pay an employee or individual (does not have a tax ID) from your business account.
This service is can be used when making a payment or transfer from your personal accounts.
Yes. The information for each type of payment or transfer service varies. For this reason, we require a payee to be added for each type of payment or transfer service.
Many of the same features available in Online Banking are available in our Mobile Banking app. You will have new features available to you once upgraded.
See the Mobile Banking page to learn more about the app and the services available to you.
You will have new features available to you, which include business payments and transfer capabilities, entitled user control and approvals, the ability to disable a user's account access and disable Mobile Banking quick access features if lost or stolen and more!
If you have been upgraded and we still have not answered your questions, FAQs are available in the help icon () at the top of your Online Banking or you may call Online Banking Support at 1-800-603-3579 for assistance. We have a team dedicated to ensuring you have a smooth upgrade Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT.
Upgrade Support Call 1-800-603-3579. M-F (7 a.m.-10 p.m.)Sat (10 a.m.-4 p.m.) CT.